The “Memorial” in Memorial Day has been ignored by too many of us who are beneficiaries of those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Often we do not observe the day as it should be, a day where we actively remember our ancestors, our family members, our loved ones, our neighbors, and our friends who have given the ultimate sacrifice:
Best ways to observe Memorial Day
- By visiting cemeteries and placing flags or flowers on the graves of our fallen heroes.
- By flying the U.S. Flag at half-staff until noon.
- By flying the ‘POW/MIA Flag’ as well (Section 1082 of the 1998 Defense Authorization Act).
- By participating in a “National moment of Remembrance” “: at 3 p.m. to pause and think upon the true meaning of the day, and for Taps to be played.
- By renewing a pledge to aid the widows, widowers, and orphans of our fallen dead, and to aid the disabled veterans.
- By adorning the graves of the soldiers with flags or flowers.
- By visiting cemeteries and memorials.
- You may support the efforts to restore the traditional day of observance of Memorial Day back to May 30th.
- Offering thanks to the veterans and appreciating the ultimate sacrifices of the soldiers to the bereaved families personally may help too.
Read more way to observe memorial day
You can even celebrate memorial day by wearing outfits having memorial day logo custom patches